Seth and Jane:

This Pizza:

Our Favorite View of DC:
This Carillon Tower:

This "Griffin"(This picture was taken in July 2006):
This Homeless Man:
Our First Kiss (this post).
And THIS:

And NOW.......Our Story!!!!!
On Monday night (the 24th of March), Seth picked me up after work and asked me if I wanted to go to 2 Amys, my favorite pizza restaurant! We drove up to 2 Amys restaurant in upper Georgetown and got right in to eat our favorite--the Margarita Extra Neapolitan Pizza! Mmmm this has been one of our favorites since our first kiss date--August 5, 2005. We love the pizza, and love even more the memories associated with it. I think several of the visitors we've had in DC have had the treat of this pizza as well thanks to our love for it and desire to share it with everyone!!! This dinner, however, was just the two of us :)
After dinner, we got in the car and Seth started driving. I could only hope that this date was a pattern from our first kiss date, when we drove down to Iwo Jima and settled in near the Carillon Tower, overlooking our Favorite View of DC, right next to the "Griffin"*. Well, I was in luck, because that's exactly what we did!!! Seth parked near Iwo Jima and we made the very cold walk to the Carillon Tower. We looked for the bench that used to overlook the entire city, and when we realized they'd removed it (what were they thinking???) we stood next to the griffin, overlooking our favorite view, and just hugged for a LOOOONNNNG time. I can't even describe the thoughts and feelings I had as we were standing there, both anticipating what was to come. After a little while, Seth sat me down next to the Griffin and got down on one knee. He pulled out the box, took the ring out, and asked me to marry him!! (He even said Janey, my favorite!)
After basking in the moment, a very funny homeless man decided he wanted to stand next to us and enjoy the view as well. He basked in our moment with us for awhile, eying my purse the entire time. I whispered to Seth that maybe he could take our picture, but seth thought that he might want to take our camera, so we opted against that. It was really cold anyway, and we were turning into icicles, so we decided to leave him in peace and go to our warm car!!!
Sigh. Isn't that just the best story ever? I still play it over and over in my mind....what a memorable evening!
After calling the parents, we came back to the apartment for a few post-engagement pictures (thanks Mary and Ashley)!
Another Ring Shot (didn't Seth do such a Great Job?!?!?)

The Happy (and kind of tired!) Newly Engaged Couple:

Telling the Story:

That night I was clearly too excited to sleep, so I was just going through all of the people in our lives that have made such a difference--family and friends. Each moment seemed to bring a new person to mind that had really made such a difference in my life, and had led me to this moment. If it weren't for the support of loving parents, amazing siblings, & fantastic friends, (and even a few "angel among us" acquaintances) I don't think I would ever be where I am today. So...I guess I just wanted to say "Thanks". Thank you, for your love, your support, your encouragement--for everything. We truly couldn't have made it this far in our lives without you. My heart is full of gratitude for the people throughout my life who have touched me in so many different ways.
I'm so lucky to have so many amazing people in my life!
*Note: We know that the "Griffin" is actually a very large eaglish creature and not a large lion, we just have called it a griffin from the beginning and I'd like to keep it that way!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment